The Orange County Department of Social Services (DSS) will close to the public effective Monday, March 23, the county announced Friday.
However, the department will remain operational.
Citizens applying for benefits through the following options:
- Apply for Medicaid by calling CoverVA at (855) 242-8282
- Apply for all benefits online at www.commonhelp.virginia.gov
- Call the DSS office at (540) 672-1155.
The department is located at 146 N. Madison Road, suite 201, in Orange. Those who prefer to fill out a paper application may place it in the drop box outside the Sedwick Building’s main entrance. The box is checked throughout the day.
Meanwhile, DSS advises citizens to always report any suspected abuse or neglect of children or adults.
- Anonymous Child Protective Services (CPS) reports can be filed by calling the CPS Hotline at (800) 552-7096; the hotline is available 24/7
- Anonymous Adult Protective Services (APS) reports can be filed by calling the APS Hotline at (888) 832-3858; the hotline is available 24/7
- Call the DSS office at (540) 672-1155 during business hours and ask to speak with someone to file an anonymous CPS or APS report
To read the full press release, visit www.orangecountyva.gov.
Be the first to know
Get local news delivered to your inbox!