NerdWallet is here to help you win Black Friday, while leaving your budget intact. We spend the time, you save the money. Visit regularly for holiday shopping tips and announcements about your favorite retailers. Black Friday is Nov. 26.
Lowe's Black Friday deals are most anticipated among those of us who are looking to decorate for the holidays, make some home improvements or upgrade an appliance. And save a bunch of money.
Lowe's began displaying seasonal merchandise earlier in the season this year to meet expected holiday demand and will launch its Season of Savings event on Thursday, Oct. 28.
People are also reading…
Here are the Black Friday details:
What are Lowe's Black Friday 2021 store hours?
Lowe's will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, just as so many other retailers will be.
The home improvement company hasn't yet announced any extended-hour plans for the holidays. And store hours may vary by location.
What are Lowe's Black Friday 2021 deals?
The concept of Black Friday is rapidly becoming a thing of the past, as retailers expand the sales season to a month or more. Lowe's says it will announce new discounts every week from Oct. 28 through December.
Some of the discounts will even be offered through January and into February. And a handful of deals start early.
Check the availability dates of some of these deals we found:
- A DeWalt 2-tool 20-volt-max compact brushless kit for $149 ($80 savings, 10/25-2/2).
- A Craftsman 20-volt-max 2-tool combo kit with soft case for $99 ($50 savings, 10/25-2/2).
- Up to 40% off a selection of tools and accessories (10/28-11/3).
- A Bosch 50-foot 3-line laser level for $99 ($70 savings, 10/28-12/1).
- Up to 40% off a selection of decorative lighting and ceiling fans (10/28-11/3).
- Up to 50% off a selection of vanities (10/28-11/3).
- Google Nest Mini + smart plug for $24.99 ($35 savings, 11/4-12/1).
- Up to 50% off select smart home products (10/28-11/3).
Appliances are a big draw during Black Friday sales at Lowe's. But this year, the retailer has only made a vague reference to deals in this popular department. Lowe's says a selection of major appliances will have "special values," plus free local delivery on purchases of $396 or more (10/28-11/17).
It might be better to wait and see if Lowe's cranks up the discounts later in the season.
How to save money at Lowe's
This year, scoring significant holiday savings will be a matter of balancing savings with product availability. As you may have heard, supply chain disruptions have made a mess of goods distribution this year. So far, retailers are selling the sizzle and putting little meat on the plate.
Nerdy tip: Lowe's has periodically offered 10% off a single purchase for first responders, doctors and nurses. Be sure to check for the discount before you buy.
You may find some tempting values with online-only Daily Deals. Lowe's is posting special discounts on its website with a countdown clock showing when the deals expire. Maybe just more sizzle, but definitely something to check out. One day, we saw 20% off a 26.6-cubic-foot French door refrigerator with ice maker, though it wasn't a major brand.
What were Lowe's Black Friday 2020 deals?
Of course, things were even stranger last year. But inventory may not have been as much of an issue then. Here are some of the deals we found back in 2020:
- Savings of up to $700 on select appliances, with free local delivery on major appliance purchases of $299 or more.
- Select Black & Decker space heaters, 20% off.
- 42-inch kitchen island for $249 ($150 savings).
- Nest Hello Doorbell for $179 ($50 savings).
- Nest Learning Thermostat for $199 ($50 savings).
- Craftsman trimmer and blower combo kit for $79 ($50 savings).
In this Series
- 9 updates